Claremont Graduate University’s online Master’s in Evaluation & Applied Research—designed with the acclaimed Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC)—was created to help you build your evaluation and research expertise. In line with competencies set by the largest network of professional evaluators in the country, the American Evaluation Association (AEA), the MS in Evaluation & Applied Research will prepare you for a demanding career in policy and management with a foundation in state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and methodologies.
- Functionally relevant learning designed for practicing evaluators.
- Training in sound research methodology for conducting studies, analyzing data, and improving the effectiveness of projects and policies.
- Use of cutting-edge tools and software.
- Skill development to qualify for evaluation and auditing roles in government, education, global health, psychology, and/or the non-profit sector.
Who Should Apply
- Researchers who wish to influence policy and decision-making in spheres such as education and psychology.
- Organizational professionals who wish to develop their evaluation skills and increase opportunities for advancement in government and non-profit sectors.
- Future auditors and accreditors who are seeking a flexible graduate degree from a rigorous institution.
- Professionals with an interest in evaluation and testing methodologies for schools or non-school institutions.
At a Glance
- Develop practical experience in various evaluation and research methodologies.
- Build mastery of the latest digital tools for evaluation.
- Qualify for evaluation and auditing roles within government and non-profit sectors.
- Gain an understanding of honesty and ethics in relation to research practices.
- Become part of the largest network of evaluators in the country.
- Increase professional collaboration, management, and leadership skills within the field of evaluation and research.
Stewart I. Donaldson, PhD
- Professor of Psychology and Community & Global Health, Executive Director of Claremont Evaluation Center, and Director of The Evaluators' Institute (TEI)
Professor Donaldson is responsible for dramatically expanding the portfolio of evaluation and applied research programs at CGU. Many of his evaluation and applied research students work with him on projects as part of the Claremont Evaluation Center and as part of Professor Donaldson’s Theory-Driven Evaluation Science Lab.
Tarek Azzam, PhD
- Associate Professor of Evaluation and Applied Methods
Professor Azzam is an associate professor at the Division of Behavioral & Organizational Sciences at Claremont Graduate University. His research focuses on developing new methods suited for real-world evaluations, attempting to address some of the logistical, political, and technical challenges that evaluators commonly face in practice.
About the School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation (SSSPE)
Claremont Graduate University’s School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation (SSSPE) comprises both the Division of Behavioral & Organizational Sciences (DBOS) and the Division of Politics & Economics (DPE). As an SSSPE student, you will develop a strong understanding of theoretical frameworks and advanced research methodologies while developing the skills to transform theory into practice. Focusing on turning concepts into action, you will emerge prepared to address today’s pressing issues in education, politics, healthcare, and applied organizational development.
The Division of Behavioral & Organizational Sciences is closely affiliated with the Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC). Helping guide CGU’s wide range of professional evaluation services, professional development training, and programs in evaluation and applied research methods, the internationally renowned CEC is home to many of the most respected scholars and practitioners in the field of evaluation.
In addition to the online Master’s in Evaluation & Applied Research program, SSSPE offers a wide range of certificate, master’s, and doctoral programs on-campus. Learn more about the School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation here.
Explore the Mission of Organizational Assessment and Evaluation
Sep 17, 2018
To succeed, businesses must adapt and adopt necessary changes. Learn more about this process and how a Master’s in Evaluation and Applied Research can help.