Cost and Aid - Master’s in Evaluation & Applied Research Online

Cost & Aid

The MS in Evaluation & Applied Research will prepare you to advance a demanding career in policy and management, which may include an auditing and evaluation role in the government sector or one in evaluation, testing, and research for schools or non-school organizations.

As an MS in Evaluation & Applied Research student, you will have the option to specialize in global health, psychology, or education and to work with the Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC) over your course of study. This will increase your expertise as well as your competitiveness in the career marketplace.

Return on Investment

In the MS in Evaluation & Applied Research program, you will be trained to use assessment tools and software and to develop sound methodologies for analyzing data and conducting research. You will become qualified to serve as a staff or consultant evaluator for an assessment or accreditation body; to support the effective, efficient management of a not-for-profit institution; to evaluate government programs; and/or to inform practice and policy decisions in any educational institution—from K-12 through higher education.

Tuition and Fees


Fellowships and Grants

We are offering a $24,000 guaranteed fellowship for students enrolling in the Fall of 2019. This will be applied to your tuition and will reduce the total cost of attendance.

Yellow Ribbon Program

All schools at Claremont Graduate University participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-911 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. With this program, degree-granting institutions in the United States voluntarily enter into an agreement with the Veterans Administration (VA) to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.

You may be eligible to benefit from this program if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-911 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

Contact Gwen Smith in Student Services at or 909-607-0431 for more information on how to apply. To learn more about the Yellow Ribbon Program, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Federal Programs and Loans

  • The Graduate PLUS Loan is an additional loan option for graduate and professional students.
  • The Grad PLUS has a fixed interest rate, with eligibility determined, in part, by your personal credit history.
  • To qualify, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). CGU’s school code is G01169.

Employer Reimbursement

If you’re currently working full or part time and plan to continue working over the course of your master’s program, you may be eligible for tuition assistance from your employer. Check with your human resources department to see if education benefits may be available for employees at your organization.

How to Request:

  • If you will be receiving complete or partial tuition support from your employer or a third-party sponsor, you must submit a Financial Guarantee Letter prior to registration to Third-Party Coordinator Amy Hernandez at as proof of your sponsor’s participation in a tuition support plan.

  • The Financial Guarantee Letter must be on appropriate letterhead and must be signed by an authorized individual (other than yourself) who is a member of the company or organization that will be sponsoring you.

  • The Financial Guarantee Letter must clearly state the terms and conditions of the tuition support benefit plan, including, but not limited to, the exact percentage and/or dollar amount of coverage as well as the terms or academic years for which support will be provided.

  • CGU’s third-party coordinator will mail an invoice to your employer or sponsor after the add/drop period for your classes has taken place. Your sponsor may then remit payment via credit card, check, money order, or wire transfer.

All sponsored students must notify the third-party coordinator if there is a change in course registration after the add/drop period has passed.

Request Information

Learn more about Claremont Graduate University's online master's programs. Fill out our form to download a brochure and schedule a consultation with an admissions representative.