The CGU online Master’s in Information Systems & Technology will train you to create and design software and systems that optimize human performance and produce positive results across industries and around the world. As an MS in Information Systems & Technology student, you will obtain technical training to meet the ever increasing need to plan, implement and manage technology systems while simultaneously developing leadership and management techniques to effectively provide guidance and oversight to technology teams.
Through experiential methodology, you will discover the IT concepts, skills, and applications necessary to advance your career and take on the IT leadership roles that matter.
- Experiential methodology covering key IT concepts, skills, and applications.
- Relevant concentration areas covering data science and IT innovation and design.
- Leadership and management training from experienced CGU faculty.
Who Should Apply
- Working professionals seeking the flexibility of an online master’s program
- Individuals who use information systems and technology in the workplace but lack professional training in this area
- Computer science experts seeking career advancement within their organizations
- Aspiring IT leaders who possess a dual-interest in technical and business-oriented development
At a Glance
- Prepare to excel within the field of information systems and technology.
- Further existing IT career or gain employment in competitive roles.
- Develop practical expertise through experiential study.
- Gain the skills and connections required for for IT leadership roles in business, government, education, and more.
- Analyze, discuss, and contribute to existing knowledge banks in the field of information technology.
- Master a concentration area of data science, IT innovation and design, or advanced software development.
Lorne Olfman, PhD
- Professor and Director of the Center for Information Systems & Technology
- IST 344 - Data Analytics and Information Visualization
Professor Olfman has been a CGU faculty member for more than 30 years, and is a director in the Center for Information Systems & Technology (CISAT). His research interests include the ways in which software can be learned and used within organizations, the impact of computer-based systems on knowledge management, and the design and adoption of systems used for group work.
Terry Ryan, PhD
- Professor of Information Systems & Technology
After leaving the corporate world, Professor Ryan became an accomplished IS&T researcher focusing on the ways in which people communicate about and with information technology. Together with Professor Lorne Olfman, Professor Ryan has been running CGU’s Social Learning Software Lab ([SL]2) for several years, working with students and visiting researchers on the design and implementation of tools to promote social learning in all its forms.
About the Center for Information Systems & Technology
Founded in 1983, the Center for Information Systems & Technology has helped some of the great thinkers and innovators in their respective fields build their careers and unite human potential with the power of technology for positive outcomes. Today, we serve students across the country and the globe who want to make a difference.
The Center for Information Systems & Technology is pleased to offer the online MS in Information Systems & Technology with two concentration options — Data Science and Analytics and IT Innovation and Design. Both specializations boast the same excellent learning experiences as their on-campus counterparts. CISAT provides world-renowned faculty, top-notch industry partnerships, and an immersive curriculum taught through both synchronous and asynchronous online methodologies. At the core of every program is a passionate commitment to the Center’s philosophy of making a difference in the world by finding technological solutions that improve human performance and address real-world problems across industries.
How Esri’s Mapping & Analytics Unlock the Full Potential of Data
May 8, 2018
Learn how to use tools like Esri in building IT solutions as part of Claremont Graduate University’s online MSIST program and produce positive impacts across industries and around the world.